Five Essentials to Building Your Brand Confidence
To build a confident personal brand, even when faced with adversity, it is essential to start with a solid foundation. This foundation consists of two main components – the internal elements that are initially invisible to the eye and the external elements that are immediately visible.
Your internal elements play a big part in driving your decisions and behaviours, while
your external elements are defined by what everyone sees in the way you dress to how you carry yourself.
Here are five key factors to consider when building a strong foundation for your brand that will support you and boost your confidence.
- Know who you are. Identify your core values, your key strengths, and natural talents. When you know what is important to you and what comes naturally, it makes life better.
- Know how you want to be known. What is your expertise? What is that one thing you do better than everyone else? What is the one thing that others come to you for when they need help or advice?
- Know the impression you want to create. Decide on the words you want to own in the minds of others and how you want to make them feel. Now you have to align your behaviour to bring that to life.
- Know how to communicate your message. Deliver a message that connects with your audience by considering what they need from you for it to be effective. Don’t default to delivering your message the way you need to hear it versus the way your audience, who is listening to you, needs to hear it.
- Know how to position your successes. Get good at positioning your accomplishments and making the connection of what you do well. The results you deliver can go unnoticed if you are not willing to speak to their significance!
Confidence comes from having that inner strength in knowing who you are. The side benefits allow you to establish your credibility as a leader and help you get noticed. Being in the ‘know’ guides you in staying true to what is most important to you.
What can you incorporate or tweak that will boost your confidence? What are others doing that demonstrates confidence?
Align yourself with what matters most to you. Live your brand fully expressed with intention and purpose to play bigger!
Are you interested in having a conversation to explore how you can define your personal brand and accelerate your growth as a leader, individually or as a team? Send an e-mail to book a complimentary 30-minute consultation.